This Enrolment Policy applies to the four Catholic schools within the Nazareth parish:
St Therese School Catholic Primary School, Torquay; Lisieux Catholic Primary School, Torquay North; Nazareth Catholic Primary School, Grovedale, and St Catherine of Siena, Armstrong Creek.
Enrolment applications for Catholic education within the parish boundary are invited before the end of May each year, at which time applications will be assessed centrally against the priority list below. In June each year, prospective students will be invited, with their parents/carers to attend an enrolment interview at the allocated school. Offers of placement will be made to families by the end of Term Two.
- The children within the parish are at the centre of education considerations;
- To ensure an integrated community across the parish schools.
Our Parish Catholic schools have been established primarily for Catholic children. While enrolment preference is given to Catholic children, our community is an inclusive one. We are open and welcoming to all those who support the ethos of our communities, with an understanding that there are responsibilities and expectations that come with enrolment in a Catholic school.
As the first educators of their children parents are encouraged to enter into partnership with our Parish schools to promote and support their child’s education. We strive for excellence in student learning, their spiritual wellbeing, faith formation and pastoral care.
As Catholic primary schools we offer a broad comprehensive curriculum with an authentic Catholic understanding of Christ and his teaching, as well as a lived appreciation of membership of the Catholic church.
Our Catholic schools are an integral part of the mission of the church. We ensure an authentic Catholic identity and the Policy is reflective of the guidelines approved by the Archbishop of Melbourne.
Enrolment Priority for Parish Primary Schools within our cluster:
Catholic Primary Schools, in the Parish of Nazareth, exist to enable the Catholic Church to carry out its responsibility to provide for the baptised Catholic child, a formation in faith, hence priority in enrolment is given to Catholic children.
The enrolment of non-Catholic children who reside in the school catchment area may take place based on pastoral considerations.
Enrolments into Parish Primary Schools are taken in the following priority:
- Catholic children who reside within the Parish catchment areas.
- Catholic children from other parishes (for pastoral reasons).
- Children from non-Catholic Eastern churches who reside within the Parish catchment areas.
- Other Christian children who reside within the Parish catchment areas.
- Non-Christian children who reside within the Parish catchment areas.
- The Parish Priest will consider enrolments from outside the above priority list. (Based on Pastoral reasons).
- Siblings of children already in the school and Catholic children/families have high priority with regards to enrolment.
- All enrolment applications for parish primary education will be assessed centrally against the priority list.
St Therese Primary School Boundary:
- North boundary: South of Coombes Road/Surfcoast Highway/Deep Creek and from Anglesea Road Freshwater Creek to the ocean
- East boundary: West of the ocean and from Deep Creek to Jarosite Road Bells Beach
- South boundary: North of Jarosite Road Bells Beach and from the ocean to the Great Ocean Road
- West boundary: East of Great Ocean/Anglesea Road and from Jarosite Road Bellbrae to Dickins Rd Freshwater Creek.
Lisieux Primary School Boundary:
- North boundary: South of Dickins/MacCanns/Danes/ Bluestone School Road and from Anglesea Road Freshwater Creek to Staceys Road Breamlea
- East boundary: West of Staceys Rd Breamlea and from Danes Road to the ocean
- South boundary: North of Deep Creek/ Surfcoast Highway/Coombes Road and from the ocean to Anglesea Road
- West boundary: East of Anglesea Road and from Dickins Rd to Coombes Road.
Please refer to the attached map for a visual representation of the catchment area.
Parents are required to complete the Application for Enrolment form before enrolment into a school can be considered.
The following documentation is required for enrolment:
- Birth certificate
- Baptism certificate
- Immunisation certificate
- Relevant Visa and Passport (if applies)
Enrolment Process and Procedures
CEOM Policy 2.4 will guide all decisions that relate to Enrolment process and procedures.
Enrolment applications forms can be downloaded here.
Please return the enrolment form via email email@example.com or send to:
c/o Susan Ryan – Principal
Lisieux Catholic Primary School
43a Surf Coast Highway
Torquay VIC 3228
In the event of a school in the Parish being unable to offer a place to a Catholic child resident in Nazareth Parish catchment areas, the Parish will make every effort to support enrolment in another school.